We are looking to take on a full time front end developer based in Manchester UK, working from our office in MediaCity, Salford. We are open to remote working, but excellent english language skills and communication are a must.
Salary £25-40K, dependent on experience.
What we are looking for
We’re ideally looking for a front end or full stack developer, with a strong programming background. You should have 5 years or more industry experience and be comfortable building Wordpress themes that use Sage 8 as a starting point. We are in the process of migrating to Sage 9 on new projects going forward.
Please be encouraged to contact us if you think you have something to offer us, we are always on the look out for good freelancers with Roots/Sage experience.
Things you should understand:
- Responsive / mobile-first development
- Front-end build tools such as Webpack / Gulp
- Animation effects using jQuery/CSS3
- Keeping projects under version control with Git
- Command line basics
- WordPress template hierarchy
- WordPress Loops and WP_Query
- Template parts (get_template_part)
Other key requirements
- Some form of formal programming training - Degree or College level
- Ability to problem solve independently and communicate solutions to the rest of the team
- Awareness of agile development principles
- Understanding / awareness of Atomic Design
- Experience using the Roots framework
- Experience with React JS
- Experience developing Magento themes
How to apply
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest CV and examples of your work.
Unbranded was founded by developers and we believe one of the keys to our success has been our in-house development team which we are looking to expand.
We believe a good design and build process involves developers at every stage, not just at the end. We’ve done everything we can to eliminate the headaches that crop up time and time again in our industry and provide the perfect environment for developers to create work they can be proud of.
Responsive front end work is easily misunderstood and with the wrong approach projects can involve a lot of painstaking back and forth with design amends and device testing. We’re looking for someone who can communicate with designers and help our team structure websites built from systems of responsive components.
We produce high quality code that’s easy to maintain and re-use and we solve problems as a team. With each project we carry out we review what could have been better and update our codebase; we don’t like making the same mistake twice.
The workplace: It’s in Media City, it’s laid back, with flexible hours and can be a bit of a laugh.