Sage 9 browsersync not updating right

webpack
browsersync
sage9

#1

A problem is starting to appear and it seams that it is getting worst.
After I make some changes in my blade.php (html content) file the browsersync don’t update. I have to hit save several times (sometimes more than 5) in order tos see some changes.
Any thoughts about this?


#2

Bump.

I also get this regularly. Whatever cache-busting it’s supposed to be doing with each file save, doesn’t work. Tried multiple browsers.


#3

Bump. I am also seeing this issue in my project and have not found a solution. (I will go to the GitHub repo as well but I’m commenting here first because a Google search brings this up as the first result.)


#4

This happens to me sometimes as well, but I think I’ve discovered it’s because, during the Sage install (w/composer create-project...), I’ve made a habit of just hitting enter to go with the default path to the theme directory instead of updating it to reflect the name of my theme. This means the publicPath in resources/assets/config.json is set to app/themes/sage instead of app/themes/my-theme. Correcting this seems to have resolved some of the issues. I don’t know if this could be the same mistake any of you are making, but I thought it would be worth sharing.

TL;DR: Make sure your publicPath in resources/assets/config.json is correct.

Update: After doing a few tests the issue does persist for me when updating a Blade template (I should have read the question better). I’ve been living in JS for the last little bit, which is very quick to trigger BrowserSync/Webpack to refresh/rebuild.


#5

Bump.

Yeah I have noticed the same issue. Sometimes it takes 4/5 saves of the files in order to trigger the reload. I have tried with Chrome, Firefox and Firefox developer edition and no luck.
Javascript and css files trigger the reload perfectly!


#6

I get these issues and they’re most of the time related to issues with using self-signed certificates on development. But I don’t have a great fix right now.


If you’re getting these problems, and you’re using a self-signed SSL certificate on Development

  1. Make sure you’ve set your certificate settings to ‘Always Trust’ (view the cert in your browser, drag it to desktop, open in Keychain Access and set Trust Settings to ‘Always Trust’)
  2. Check config.json is using "proxyUrl": "https://localhost:3000", by default it’s just http://
  3. Add the line "headers": { "Access-Control-Allow-Origin": "*" }, to config.json as well… for good measure :smiley: