Sage developer needed for short-term assistance for a nonprofit

We’re seeking a Sage 10 developer for immediate short-term (1-2 months) remote assistance on a nonprofit website redesign. We’re about 70% through development, but the scope has expanded and the client has authorized funding to add another developer to speed delivery. There is opportunity for collaboration to continue into future development and additional projects.

Project stack is:

• Sage 10
  • PHP using Blade/OOP
  • Roots Bedrock
  • Composer for plugins and core
  • Tailwind for frontend framework
  • ES6 syntax for Javascript — no jQuery
  • Gutenberg and ACF Blocks
  • major plugins include ACF and Gravity Forms
  • Lando for local containerization
  • GitHub Issues and GitHub Project kanban for tracking
  • Github Actions for deployment (deploys on push to select branches)
  • We aren’t using PRs but maybe we should?
  • Slack for comms

About us: We’re a two-person team who work exclusively for nonprofits and social-good orgs. We have three long-term clients and are adding more. The project manager (me) handles all client comms, PM, hosting/ops, feature planning, and some coding (all MySQL, some PHP). My coding partner handles most of the PHP and all the JS and SASS. We’re both friendly and easy to work with and both at max capacity and we’d discussed added another partner long-term. We have structured code and commit comments!

The Client: Client is an international organization working to protect the night sky from light pollution and the budget is reasonable for a nonprofit. The project is the first complete overhaul and professionalization of their website, and the roadmap includes additonal major features to be added including a membership system, custom mapping, a forum, events management, resource management, and more.

Remaining issues include bug fixes, QA, some template development, custom block development, styling changes leveraging Tailwind. A lot of this is refining existing features to an exacting design spec.

If interested feel free to write me at scott@campaignupgrade.org and list your experience with the above stack and preferred rate.

1 Like