SO i am having an issue with installing sage 9
My system setup is a s follows:
OS: windows 7
Vangrant box: latest version
node: latest version
yarn: latest version
composer: latest version
I have done this 4 times now with no success. the first time it was the roots-example-theme.com project cloned directly. Although that worked I was not able to run yarn and update any assets. Reading on the forum it seemed that it may have been due an incomplete install.
I then followed steps (same as what will be listed below) to start fresh with a new theme and give it some customisation too. So i followed: https://roots.io/trellis/docs/installing-trellis/ to install trellis and bedrock THEN i followed: https://roots.io/sage/docs/theme-installation/ to install the theme. It didn’t give me a prompt to customise the meta or framework etc as I’m on windows and it gives the TTY error. I can however go to vendor\bin\sage meta to configure it.
Once that’s done i did vagrant up and waited.
I did the above steps 2 times and each time although the box was provisioned and wordpress was installed it had the following 2 issues:
- unable to access the wordpress admin with admin:admin even though i haven’t changed anything in the vault.yml
- the twenty seventeen them was shown. Inspecting the source code it was calling /wp/wp-content/themes and not what I would have assumed should have been: /app/themes/MYTHEME/
So before posting here i thought i would do a totally fresh install again. this time using all defaults and making no changes to rule out any potential issues. The steps I followed are:
- followed this first: https://roots.io/trellis/docs/installing-trellis/
I didn’t do any other changes i.e. from here: https://roots.io/trellis/docs/wordpress-sites/ kept it default all the way.
- then i followed this: https://roots.io/sage/docs/theme-installation/ which seems to be the same as: https://github.com/roots/sage/ readme.
composer create-project roots/sage mythemename
NO option came up for customising so I ran only
and configured theme meta I did not do the other 2.
I then ran yarn in theme folder
- once all above done I then ran vagrant up from trellis folder and waited.
Same result. box provisions, wordpress works BUT:
- cannot login to wp admin with admin:admin
- default twenty seventeen them being used from wp-content folder.
Can someone please tell me what I am missing here? struggling to see where I am going wrong…