We are looking for a talented Wordpress developer to join our team to help us invent the future of creating and managing a tour operation business. You will work directly with counterparts in product and design to develop and improve our software. We are strong believers in being prescriptive on “what” and “why”, and let the experts (you) figure out the “how”. Exercise your creative freedom and help design the future of in-destination tourism.
We use Wordpress as a CMS that powers our customer websites. We write to WP using the WP REST API. Your role will be to own the Wordpress side of our business. This is an ongoing embedded team member role with opportunity to turn full time - you will take ownership of WP for the company. This is not a project-based gig.
About the Company
Gondola is a software startup company building an all-in-one platform in the “in destination tourism” space. Our goal is to help tour operators grow their businesses by helping them create high-performing websites that work well, rank well, and ultimately, bring our customers (the tour operator) more business!
Working at Gondola
We have a strong bias for action and enjoy solving problems for our customers creatively and quickly. Things move quickly, but not unnecessarily. If a process, tool, or something else isn’t working, we simply get rid of it and switch to something that does work. No red tape here!
We’re growing quickly and want you to grow with us! If you like learning, then you’ll fit right in! There will be many opportunities for expanding responsibilities within your role, as well as the potential to both full or part-time do work associated with other roles.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and Expand the Wordpress template used by our customers (demo.gondola.travel)
- Develop plugins that communicate with our platform
- Work with product to identify ways users can accomplish various tasks
- Work with designers as they create future mockups
- Develop an understanding of our users and their needs, preferences, and more
- Identify commonalities in user base to segment our market into multiple persona profiles (longer term objective)
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Wordpress Core experience
- Frontend and backend development experience on Wordpress
- Proficiency in all things WP, including the WP REST API
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High tolerance for ambiguity
- Improvement mindset - constantly looking for ways to improve processes
- Must have experience with custom WP builds
- Must have experience with Roots, Sage, Yarn, and Composer
- Self-starter - can identify problems that need or will need to be solved, and proactively take steps towards solving them
- Experience working in “in-destination” tourism space
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Role Growth
- Opportunity to join the team full time
- Remote-first work
- Work from anywhere
- Flexible work schedule
ONLY apply if you meet the qualifications above.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.