Wanted to post this for a while now so here it goes
https://studio-panic.com is the link to my “studio page”.
Love the structure and mindset and how clean everything is. Thanks Roots!
Used Trellis, Bedrock & Sage with just these plugins:
- Advanced Custom Fields PRO
- Advanced Custom Fields: Reusable Field Group Field
- Amazon Web Services
- WP Offload S3 Lite
- WP Rocket
- Query Monitor
Trellis cache settings is on.
The site is at 40% done the way i wanted it (content, design and other changes will come) but will probably work on it in free time etc. as i’d like to work more on payed work rather then free so can’t really take too much time for this. Will probably update the thread with some major changes in the future.
Some interesting things:
- Modular building blocks with ACF (love how clean it is)
- The logo was made with CSS animation and inline SVG and is on a 10 second loop.
- Pingdom says loaded in 0.8 seconds - https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/erWrHQ/https://studio-panic.com
- GtMetrix says loaded in 0.7 - with 98% and 97% score - https://gtmetrix.com/reports/studio-panic.com/VvowcOBI
Things to do or next improvement:
- Mobile and readability improvements for example green text on the hero image etc.
- Try out ajax loading/transitions etc. Any tips on doing this?
- Switch out WP rocket (or not) as the backend seems to load in 0.11s with it on and it puts assets to cdn (js.css, etc.). Idea is to swap it out with WP Offload PRO so the assets can also go to the S3/CloudFront CDN. Also figure the multiple cache server and plugin where both of them probably aren’t needed.
- Remove Reusable fields plugin in favour of https://github.com/StoutLogic/acf-builder
- BourbonNeat over Bootstrap or keep Bootstrap and clean out the unneeded parts.
- Try out Nginx settings for leverage browser caching and learn more Ansible.
- Migrate to AWS and play with Redis cache on a separate server (helps learning Ansible).
- try integrating stylelint with gulp/atom.io
I’m also looking for some freelance work as a multidisciplinary designer (projects in my spare time as i’m currently full time employed). Skills and stuff can be found at angel.co profile.