Sync Script initial setup

I’m trying to get this Sync Script setup and running but I get the following errors:

:white_check_mark: Able to connect to development
:white_check_mark: Able to connect to staging

./sync.sh: line 94: wp: command not found
building file list …
3715 files to consider
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (8 bytes received so far) [sender
]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /BuildRoo
t/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/rsync/rsync-52.200.1/rsync/io.c(
453) [sender=2.6.9]

:arrows_counterclockwise: Sync from development to staging complete.

AND since I haven’t really seen much talk about this script, it’s a great idea and you can buy it here:

Looks like you need to install WP-CLI on your host machine

It transferred all the media files from dev to staging but did not transfer the db.

These are screenshots of WP-CLI installed on your Vagrant box and on a remote environment

You need to install WP-CLI on your host machine, which is also where the sync script is ran from

1 Like

Please forgive my ignorance.

I’ve followed these instructions:

OS:     Darwin 18.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 18.2.0: Thu Dec 20 20:46:53 PST 2018; root:xnu-4903.241.1~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Shell:  /bin/bash
PHP binary:     /usr/bin/php
PHP version:    7.1.23
php.ini used:
WP-CLI root dir:        phar://wp-cli.phar/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli
WP-CLI vendor dir:      phar://wp-cli.phar/vendor
WP-CLI packages dir:
WP-CLI global config:
WP-CLI project config:
WP-CLI version: 2.1.0

After doing so, when running the script it’s now unable to connect.

Not sure what I’m doing so I apologize in advance.

Have you followed the setup instructions and setup WP-CLI aliases for all of your environments? The README has examples — you’ll need to deploy after committing your updates to site/wp-cli.yml

I did follow the instructions from the readme but have not deployed. Will do that now and try again. Thanks!

Awesome, the deploy solved the problem.

This script kicks ass, thanks for making it!

1 Like

Glad it’s all sorted! You’re welcome, and thank you for buying it :smiley:

1 Like

This is so much faster and fluid than using delicious brains plugin. I know they both offer different advantages and disadvantages as this needs bedrock to function. Thanks for offering it at a good price. Highly recommended. Roots rules. Odoyle rules!

It would be awesome if this could be modified to place the development db backup in a folder to have git ignore. I work on a few projects that are massive databases and I always forget to move the database backup before pushing my changes to github.

Never mind, I’ll ignore sql files but anyways.

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.