Syncing Database with sync.sh reverts site to Wordpress install page

Hello. Not sure what’s happening here, as it was working recently. So - last week I set up a local site, trellis/bedrock/sage and provisioned and deployed a staging server on Digital Ocean. All was well and working fine.

I return to it today after working on local a lot and deploy the new updates to staging, after saving to git, etc. Again, all is well, and I can see the new font is there, for instance.

Then I run the script sync and the site reverts to the Wordpress initial install page. I can see in the terminal that the script is pushing all the images up and syncing the database. I’m a bit stuck - I could revert back to WP Migrate I guess, but in the meantime I wondered if anyone had experience this before, or could point me where would be good to look for answers?

thanks

Rob

How are you running the sync script? What command precisely? Does your local VM have content on it?

Running the script, as I’ve done previously, from the site/scripts folder

script is ./sync.sh development staging

Local VM has content - I’d previously synced from dev > staging using the same environments and same script to push db to staging, with no issues.

What version of PHP? What version of WordPress? What version of WP-CLI? Are you getting any errors/notices when running the script?

Sorry, I will remember to include all these at some point; thanks for the endless patience.

PHP 8.2.4 local and 8.0.28 on staging.
Wordpress 6.2 on both
WP-CLI 2.7.1 on both

Messages on running any WP command at the moment:

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property WP_CLI\Dispatcher\Subcommand::$longdesc is deprecated in phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/Dispatcher/CompositeCommand.php on line 38
PHP Deprecated:  Creation of dynamic property WP_CLI\Dispatcher\Subcommand::$longdesc is deprecated in phar:///usr/local/bin/wp/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/Dispatcher/CompositeCommand.php on line 38

Otherwise it runs as if it’s working.

WP-CLI is incompatible with PHP 8.2 — that might change when they release a version next month

Is there a reason why you’re not running 8.0 locally considering your remote environment is 8.0?

Honestly your guess is as good as mine at this point, I didn’t realise until I’d checked. Me, my partner and kids all have COVID and my brain’s more broken than usual. I’ll downgrade and sort. Thanks, as ever.

4 Likes