Syncing large files with wp migrate pro

I’m getting errors when I try to sync my db with migrate db pro due to the presence of very large video files. My upload limit has been set in wp to 200mb and while every other asset is migrated without issue the videos fail. In order to circumvent this I’ve had to manually upload the video files to a separate videos folder inside uploads and use a plugin to pull them into the media library. Has anyone run into this before?

Use rsync for media.

1 Like

Are you referring to this section in build-before.yml?

- name: Copy project local files
synchronize:
  src: "{{ project.local_path }}/web/app/themes/sage/dist"
  dest: "{{ deploy_helper.new_release_path }}/web/app/themes/sage"
  group: no
  owner: no
  rsync_opts: --chmod=Du=rwx,--chmod=Dg=rx,--chmod=Do=rx,--chmod=Fu=rw,--chmod=Fg=r,--chmod=Fo=r

I haven’t ran into this issue before but if you’re uploading these across just the once you could use rsync.

To upload the uploads from your local machine to production you would use:

# from the site folder
rsync -azP web/app/uploads/ web@production.server:/srv/www/example.com/shared/uploads/
2 Likes

Thanks for the help, I’m dealing with over 500mb of video files here. Think I’ve found a way to let vimeo/youtube do the heavy lifting without having to sacrifice on looks.

You guys were right about rsync, looks like it ran flawlessly. Is increasing max_execution_time and other php related vars in trellis/roles/nginx/php/main.yml and reprovisioning the server a possible solution to my migrate db pro media sync 504ing over and over?

I have been using Migrate pro as well but have the same problem. I would love to use rsync but am trying to figure out what file this needs to be placed in. Can you give a little more detail on where this should go please. Thank you