Trellis on macOs Ventura

Hi there :wave:

Hope you guys are doing great!

I’ve upgraded my macOS to Ventura and my trellis / vagrant setup is not working anymore. I face issue below when i use command trellis up:

There was an error while executing `VBoxManage`, a CLI used by Vagrant
for controlling VirtualBox. The command and stderr is shown below.

Command: ["hostonlyif", "create"]

Stderr: 0%...
Progress state: NS_ERROR_FAILURE
VBoxManage: error: Failed to create the host-only adapter
VBoxManage: error: VBoxNetAdpCtl: Error while adding new interface: failed to open /dev/vboxnetctl: No such file or directory
VBoxManage: error: Details: code NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005), component HostNetworkInterfaceWrap, interface IHostNetworkInterface
VBoxManage: error: Context: "RTEXITCODE handleCreate(HandlerArg *)" at line 95 of file VBoxManageHostonly.cpp

exit status 1

Do you guys have the same issue? How could we fix it? The community is recommending the upgrade of Vagrant=2.3.3 but this will not work with Trellis as the version requirements >= 2.1.0, < 2.2.19.

Thank you,

Howdy! I’m unlisting this topic since you bumped an existing one with the same issue

Trellis doesn’t require a max version anymore: trellis/Vagrantfile at c91c7793e578df413832a6845e7890daf278a344 · roots/trellis · GitHub

So feel free to remove that constraint from your local version and try out the latest one. Hopefully that works :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @swalkinshaw it works pretty well with Vagrant=2.3.3 & the last VirtualBox version :slight_smile:

1 Like