Trellis: TASK [mariadb : Add Maria APT key] - APT Key is Deprecated

I receive these warnings and errors on my install using trellis-cli to create a local dev server from wsl. Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

TASK [common : Restrict journal log size] **************************************
[WARNING]: Module remote_tmp /root/.ansible/tmp did not exist and was created
with a mode of 0700, this may cause issues when running as another user. To
avoid this, create the remote_tmp dir with the correct permissions manually

TASK [mariadb : Add MariaDB APT key] *******************************************
fatal: [default]: FAILED! => {“changed”: false, “cmd”: “/usr/bin/apt-key adv --no-tty --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv F1656F24C74CD1D8”, “forced_environment”: {“LANG”: “C.utf8”, “LC_ALL”: “C.utf8”, “LC_MESSAGES”: “C.utf8”}, “msg”: “Error fetching key F1656F24C74CD1D8 from keyserver: hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80”, “rc”: 2, “stderr”: “Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).\ngpg: CRC error; 808723 - D02496\ngpg: read_block: read error: Invalid keyring\ngpg: Total number processed: 0\n”, “stderr_lines”: [“Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).”, “gpg: CRC error; 808723 - D02496”, “gpg: read_block: read error: Invalid keyring”, “gpg: Total number processed: 0”], “stdout”: “Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.Eq8A6VTMci/gpg.1.sh --no-tty --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv F1656F24C74CD1D8\n”, “stdout_lines”: [“Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.Eq8A6VTMci/gpg.1.sh --no-tty --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv F1656F24C74CD1D8”]}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
default : ok=42 changed=19 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=15 rescued=0 ignored=0

Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be
visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

1 Like

Following along. I also hit this issue in the past couple days trying to provision a remote environment.

Hopefully a fix is on the way.

Also getting a similar error attempting to boot up an old project. I had several other errors I managed to bypass and now I am on this one:

TASK [common : Restrict journal log size] ************************************** fatal: [default]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The task includes an option with an undefined variable. The error was: 'max_journal_size' is undefined\n\nThe error appears to be in '/trellis/roles/common/tasks/main.yml': line 191, column 3, but may\nbe elsewhere in the file depending on the exact syntax problem.\n\nThe offending line appears to be:\n\n\n- name: Restrict journal log size\n ^ here\n"}

Running trellis / vagrant / parallels on M2

Not sure if this will help any other cases but I was missing:

max_journal_size: 512M

from my group_vars/all/main.yml file for some reason but I got past that one.

Now onto the next error…

Did you have one about a deprecated key, that is where the system crashes on mine and does not complete.

I tried again with a fresh install today just to see if maybe I goofed a step up and the same “Deprecated key with for MariaDB.” error