My deployments to a shared dev environment works well. Doing so to a staging environment is having more issues. The security on that environment is much different that still working through missing pieces for deploy. I cannot run capistrano to it or composer commands on it at the moment.
While I’m working those issues out, I’m trying to replicate the steps / setup manually for an initial release.
- Created a base path /var/www/website.com with shared, current and releases folders inside
- Made symlink from /var/www/html to point to /var/www/website.com/current
- Put .env into /var/www/website.com/shared/
- Created a release/2014initial/ folder with a full copy of site from dev
- Made symlink from /var/www/website.com/current to /var/www/website.com/releases/2014initial
- Blank DB
I’m getting 500 errors. In the httpd/error_log I get a message that PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘RuntimeException’ with message 'Required ENV vars missing: ‘DB_NAME’, ‘DB_USER’, ‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘WP_
Other things I’ve confirmed / ruled out:
- The config/application.php calls to dirname(dirname(FILE)); does map to the release sub-folder.
- Even putting .env temporarily into the release does not get it picked up.
Any suggestions on what I should be looking at or missing in setup?