We’re looking for a Mid Full Stack WordPress Developer to help us scale up our presence and help us achieve our exciting and ambitious growth plans.
As Mid Full Stack Web Developer you will be involved in the full service that Fishtank offers. Initially as a development consultant on build/functionality in the concept and design stages, right through to the bespoke WordPress theme building. As part of the development team you will also be helping to support the maintenance and further development of existing production websites on an ad-hoc and retainer support basis.
You will be working closely with your fellow developers and the project management team to provide updates on ongoing projects/tasks and to help provide accurate time estimates for potential new work.
The development team prides itself on its members sharing ideas, experiences and technical solutions not only on coding/development issues but also for the betterment of the team’s internal and external processes where you think things can be improved.
- 3+ years experience, ideally in an agency environment
- Experience developing and delivering custom WordPress themes
(Not based on using existing themes, child themes, page builders or plugins)
- Roots Bedrock
- Roots Sage
- Competent with ACF
- Good understanding of custom post types, taxonomies, and WordPress theme structure
- NPM / Webpack
- Understanding of responsive development between browsers operating systems
- Mysql and database experience
- Github / Version control experience
- Understanding of JSON / REST API’s
- A working knowledge of the Adobe Suite and/or Sketch
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- A passion for all things web development related!
- React / Next JS
- Building using ACF blocks
- Experience in any of the following CMS:
- WHM/cPanel experience
- Terminal / SSH experience
- Competitive salary DOE
- 22 Days Holiday + Birthday + Christmas to New Year
- Bonus Scheme/ assessed annually around the business’ success
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Training/Development Opportunities
- Hybrid Remote Working
- Free Parking
- Working Flexibility
- Pension (Auto Enrolment)
- Mileage Expenses
- Childcare Vouchers
- Unlimited Tea & Coffee
- Fish & Chip Fridays (Birthdays only for health reasons!)