WordPress Developer (eCommerce)
Wilmslow Centre – SK9 1AX (5-minute walk from train station)
Opportunity for Hybrid Working
Your New Company:
This is a great opportunity to join the Comfy Group, one of the UK’s largest manufacturers of filled bedding products. Offering everything that anyone could ever need to get a great night’s sleep, we manufacture and distribute duvets, pillows, protectors and mattress toppers to the nation’s biggest retailers. Working alongside some of the biggest names in bedding such as Silentnight, Sealy and Jeff Banks, we pride ourselves in the quality of our products and the service we offer. Employing over 400 people across 5 sites in Manchester, our team are passionate about what we do and value every person who plays their part in making our business so successful.
Comfy Group is one of Europe’s leading sleep product suppliers, operating across multiple digital channels. The group sells a wide range of brands and products that need the support of an experienced Developer to continue their success & growth.
Wilmslow office but with hybrid working in place, the WordPress Developer will be responsible for delivering key projects across the digital portfolio. Working with a new and dynamic marketing team the role will play a key part in the success of the eCommerce business. The developer will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, as well as system integration and IT support tasks. Working alongside the IT team, the role will provide direct support to the web development function and assist across the e-commerce IT infrastructure where needed.
Minimum 5 Years+ commercial experience within an eCommerce business including the following:
- Experience of managing development and working with internal/external teams
- Proficiency in eCommerce development with WooCommerce/WordPress.
- PHP, SQL and MySQL, Nginx, Ubuntu.
- Usage of tooling such as xDebug, New Relic, PHPCS, PHPCB.
- Full-stack WordPress expertise, including Multisite configurations.
- Responsive & mobile-first development experience.
- Solid grasp of version control and code review processes, particularly using GitHub.
- Experience of hosting platforms (Azure/AWS).
- Competence in working with APIs.
- Writing performant, secure code to meet agreed standards.
- Understanding of agile development methodologies.
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and PCI security.
- Cross-browser/device testing.
- Problem solving and determined nature.
- Desire to improve legacy code base.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer focused with an innovative and proactive approach.
- Familiarity with high transactional environments, particularly in stock and inventory management, although not mandatory.
- Experience with roots tech stack a bonus (Trellis, Bedrock).
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to create custom Plugins and Widgets for WordPress.
- Knowledge of iOS & Android APP stores.
What we offer:
- Very Competitive salary + training package.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- 3pm finish on a Friday
- Employee discounts
- Free parking
- Great work environment
Apply Here - hireful.