Unwanted noindex tag

I am currently experiencing a problem with the “noindex, nofollow” meta tag in my Bedrock installation I am using WordPress version 6.

I have noticed that the “noindex, nofollow” meta tag is present on my website, but I cannot identify where this tag is generated. I checked my theme files, including application.php, as well as the installed plugins, but I could not find any reference to this tag.

The .ENV file is indeed in production.

I also went through the Bedrock documentation, but I could not find any specific information on how to remove this tag in my case.

I want my website to be indexed and followed by search engines, so it is essential to remove this “noindex, nofollow” tag. Could you please guide me on the steps to follow to remove this tag from my Bedrock website?

Welcome!

It’s noted in the deployment docs but I’ll make a note to circle back to the docs and make it more obvious with a dedicated page

This would only be coming from Bedrock if your WP_ENV is not set to production

Depending on your Bedrock install, the file responsible for this would either be mu-plugins/disallow-indexing.php on older Bedrock setups, or from the https://github.com/roots/bedrock-disallow-indexing package