Update an installation of Sage package

Hey all, working on my first project with this stack and running into a problem with Sage 9. I setup my first theme about a week ago with out an issue, it took some serious trial and error but eventually I was able to vagrant up and install of the necessary packages without a problem, got my first instance of Sage installed okay, and did a few hours of development.

I came back to the project day. Did another ‘vagrant up’ without a problem, did another ‘yarn build’ and everything compiled correctly, ran ‘npm install’ then ‘npm update’, no problems, but then I ran ‘npm start’ and I"m getting thrown this error in the terminal:
events.js:183
throw er; // Unhandled ‘error’ event
^

Error: watch /home/carlo/Desktop/ClientSites/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching.com/site/web/wp/wp-content/themes/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching/app/Controllers ENOSPC
at _errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
at FSWatcher.start (fs.js:1382:19)
at Object.fs.watch (fs.js:1408:11)
at createFsWatchInstance (/home/carlo/Desktop/ClientSites/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching.com/site/web/wp/wp-content/themes/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:37:15)
at setFsWatchListener (/home/carlo/Desktop/ClientSites/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching.com/site/web/wp/wp-content/themes/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:80:15)
at FSWatcher.NodeFsHandler._watchWithNodeFs (/home/carlo/Desktop/ClientSites/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching.com/site/web/wp/wp-content/themes/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:228:14)
at FSWatcher.NodeFsHandler._handleDir (/home/carlo/Desktop/ClientSites/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching.com/site/web/wp/wp-content/themes/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:407:19)
at FSWatcher. (/home/carlo/Desktop/ClientSites/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching.com/site/web/wp/wp-content/themes/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:455:19)
at FSWatcher. (/home/carlo/Desktop/ClientSites/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching.com/site/web/wp/wp-content/themes/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:460:16)
at FSReqWrap.oncomplete (fs.js:153:5)

npm ERR! Linux 5.0.0-37-generic
npm ERR! argv “/usr/bin/node” “/usr/bin/npm” “start”
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm v3.5.2
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! sage@9.0.9 start: webpack --hide-modules --watch --config resources/assets/build/webpack.config.js
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the sage@9.0.9 start script ‘webpack --hide-modules --watch --config resources/assets/build/webpack.config.js’.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the sage package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! webpack --hide-modules --watch --config resources/assets/build/webpack.config.js
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR! npm bugs sage
npm ERR! Or if that isn’t available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls sage
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /home/carlo/Desktop/ClientSites/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching.com/site/web/wp/wp-content/themes/intentionalentrepreneurcoaching/npm-debug.log

Browsersync starts up but gets a ‘Problem loading page’ error. Anyone have any idea what’s up? I’m really trying to wrap my head around working with this stack but the learning curve feels extremely steep right now. It says the problem is most likely with the sage package (I’ve got nodejs and npm update to date), but I don’t know how to update it. Is that something I’d do with composer?

Any help is seriously appreciated. Thanks everyone!

What system has your workstation? Linux? WSL (Windows)?
ENOSPC means literally, that no space is left on that volume. Is this the case?

Manage packages with YARN or NPM(Any One) to avoid conflicts…
I’m not sure, but it will damage your packages because of using two different package manager (YARN/NPM) in same projects. So, use only YARN for manage packages & build your projects.

Hope this helps…:+1:

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.