Update to 4.9 issue?

Anyone else having an error with the 4.9 update? I pushed an update live earlier and now can’t deploy to the server again. Failing at “WordPress Installed?” I blame 4.9 because the file it’s referring to states @since 4.9.0

I’ve updated WP CLI with no luck either…

PHP Warning:  require_once(/srv/www/example.com/releases/20171117062008/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/example.com/releases/20171117062008/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/translations.php on line 10
Warning: require_once(/srv/www/example.com/releases/20171117062008/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/example.com/releases/20171117062008/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/translations.php on line 10
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/srv/www/example.com/releases/20171117062008/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php' (include_path='phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/phpunit/php-token-stream:phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/phpunit/phpunit-mock-objects:phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/phpunit/php-code-coverage:phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/phpunit/phpunit:phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/symfony/yaml:.:/usr/share/php') in /srv/www/example.com/releases/20171117062008/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/translations.php on line 10
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/srv/www/example.com/releases/20171117062008/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php' (include_path='phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/phpunit/php-token-stream:phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/phpunit/phpunit-mock-objects:phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/phpunit/php-code-coverage:phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/phpunit/phpunit:phar:///usr/bin/wp/vendor/symfony/yaml:.:/usr/share/php') in /srv/www/example.com/releases/20171117062008/web/wp/wp-includes/pomo/translations.php on line 10

So I fixed this but I’m not sure how. Seems there were missing files in the WP install, because the web/wp folder was being committed to the repo. Updated the repo and deploys work. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Hi, I have the same issues how did you fix this?

Make sure you haven’t committed the /wp folder to your repo. I had to remove it and then deploy.

I would just like to point out I came to the forum for an answer to my problem – and I found it – and I wrote it.

:frowning:

6 Likes