Upload folder

I manage to upload my local db with some post in my remote server, my question is about how I do with the media library, I can see all the images in the media library like in my local but of course are broken because are missing in the server.

I try to upload the images with command lines

scp -r 2016/01/ root@remoteserverip:/srv/www/myweb.de/shared/uploads/

I see the images there but in wp are not displaying, then I try to create a post in the remote server add and images and I can see the images is save in that folder.

What I’m doing wrong or what I miss from the doc.

The code snippet you provided doesn’t really help us considering we don’t know what the current working directory was…

If the images are returning a 404 on the server but you see them in the correct place in the uploads directory, try restarting PHP-FPM.

HI @ben thx for the fast answer I try to give you more info, hope helps.

In my local I have the images in this directory

windows path
C:\wamp\www\md-zitronenzauber-trellis\site\web\app\uploads

In my local VM
/srv/www/zitronenzauber.de/current/web/app/uploads$

That is picture is how looks my local vm, in shared folder is nothing.

The links in my local wp installation are
http://zitronenzauber.dev/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Jugendliche.jpg

Then in the remote server I try to upload the images by myself running this command.

My remote server look like this

I try to do it manually becaouse the folder shared was empty and if I have a look in the links from the images are

http://dev.zitronenzauber.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Jugendliche.jpg

For sure I did all wrong, but I don’T have any idea how that has to work with the images, is some doc where shows this processes, I was searching in the foro but didn’t find something where I can follow for a solution.

If I create a new post and add one images I can see is saves it in this location
/srv/www/zitronenzauber.de/shared/uploads/2016/01

Here I send you another images from the web

Thx again for your help.

@jdaquila Could you verify that the images were copied to the right place on the server, with ownership like the other web files? They should show up here with web:www-data:

ls -al /srv/www/zitronenzauber.de/shared/uploads/2016/01

If I run your scp command, I end up with the images in uploads/01/Jugendliche.jpg with ownership root:root but they should be in uploads/2016/01/Jugendliche.jpg with ownership web:www-data.

Maybe you need to switch your command from

to this:

scp -r 2016 web@remoteserverip:/srv/www/zitronenzauber.de/shared/uploads
3 Likes

Thanks again for your help @fullyint, I change my command like you show me and works perfect now :slight_smile:

1 Like