User Role Problem on remote

Hello,
so far I am really impressed by the quality of roots products. I successfully installed 3 Sites based on bedrock on a trellis server, locally on my MacBookPro and remotely to a DigitalOcean Droplet.
There is something strange though: on my local trellis server when I installed my sites, I got an Admin User for each for my Wordpress Installs right out of the box, I can install plugins & Update Wordpress but when I deploy my sites and after I setup the Sites for the first time I then get Admin Users that cannot install any plugins (Add New Plugin Button not available) and I also cannot update the Wordpress Core.
For some reason I cannot connect to my remote Database to upgrade / correct user roles…Anyone having the same issue?

discussion at https://github.com/roots/bedrock/pull/125

I made the changes you suggested and then I provisioned the remote server again, ssh and ran composer but with no luck.
What do I need to do for the changes to take effect?

Just to double-check, have you committed define('DISALLOW_FILE_MODS', false); to the repo you’re deploying?

If you have only changed DISALLOW_FILE_MODS on your local machine or remote server, but haven’t actually committed the change, it will get overwritten with the repo’s default true on each deploy.

Why did you need the SSH and composer part? Once you’ve committed the DISALLOW_FILE_MODS edit to your repo, your deploy should simply be ./deploy.sh production example.com

1 Like

I forgot to commit the changes, it worked like a charm!
Thanks a lot for your help!

1 Like