Using Bedrock without root server access

Hello,

This is my first adventure with Bedrock. I’ve successfully installed all the bits and pieces, and it all looks lovely, I’m very much looking forward to building some wp sites with this setup. My only concern is as follows.

Most of the sites I develop are deployed onto fairly basic hosting packages without root access, I essentially just have access to public_html. So all of my files are deployed there.

How will this work with the bedrock setup. The wp-config.php, which when deployed would sit in public_html (or equivalent there of) is referencing files which are a level below, (autoload.php and application.php). So how would this work?

Any tips/help muchly appreciated…

Thanks
Dave

There are a few threads and articles written to chronicle their dealings with Bedrock in shared environments.

To answer your question: it works just fine because the Bedrock wp-config.php does not sit in the site’s root directory.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

So if wp-config.php (and therefore index.php) is not in the root of my server (i.e. public_html) I presume I need to use some htaccess magic to make the web directory act as if it is the public_html directory, unless I’m missing something.

Thanks again.
Dave

Check out the Bedrock readme, it answers the questions you’ve asked so far and more.

doh!.. my bad!

Thanks