Vagrant: mount.nfs error on Trellis installation

Hi everyone,
so I’m trying to install trellis&bedrock in an ArchLinux machine. everything went flawlessly but when I gave a “vagrant up” the process threw me this error:

The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!
mount -o vers=3,udp 192.168.50.1:/home/ux/ensoul/mercurio.it/site /vagrant-nfs-mercurio.it
Stdout from the command:
Stderr from the command:
mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported

What could be the problem?
Thanks

Could you please let us know what you’ve done so far to try and solve the problem?

Googling your error message comes up with several results

In term of “installation process”, I followed every step of the documentation(changing only group_vars/development/wordpress_sites.yml and group_vars/development/vault.yml ). I’ve installed ansible (version 2.6.2) and nfs-utils on my host and I’ve also checked this with no successful results

Probably a very basic question, but can you give us the result of:

sudo systemctl status nfs-server.service

This is a good test. I’ve found that you never know what Arch might not include in a default install :wink:

It gives this:

Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2018-08-16 12:27:57 CEST; 2h 5min ago
Process: 11615 ExecStopPost=/usr/sbin/exportfs -f (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 11612 ExecStopPost=/usr/sbin/exportfs -au (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 11611 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/exportfs -r (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus exportfs[11611]: exportfs: Failed to stat /home/ux/ensoul/wood.com/site: No suc>
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus systemd[1]: nfs-server.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus exportfs[11612]: exportfs: config error at /etc/nfs.conf:47: ignoring line not >
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus exportfs[11612]: exportfs: config error at /etc/nfs.conf:50: ignoring line not >
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus exportfs[11612]: exportfs: config error at /etc/nfs.conf:51: ignoring line not >
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus exportfs[11615]: exportfs: config error at /etc/nfs.conf:47: ignoring line not >
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus exportfs[11615]: exportfs: config error at /etc/nfs.conf:50: ignoring line not >
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus exportfs[11615]: exportfs: config error at /etc/nfs.conf:51: ignoring line not >
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus systemd[1]: nfs-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 16 12:27:57 nucleus systemd[1]: Stopped NFS server and services.

Old thread and I don’t know if this solves @checco_ux’s problem, but I was able to solve this issue for myself on Manjaro (Arch-based).

Make sure the following is set in /etc/nfs.conf:

[nfsd]
udp=y
vers3=y

Then restart the service:

$ sudo systemctl restart nfs-server

Then run vagrant reload --provision to rerun the initial development environment setup.

3 Likes

In the end I switched to mac and that solved all my problems :sweat_smile:, but I’ll still try @knowler’s solution tonight.

1 Like