`VirtualBox is complaining that the installation is incomplete`

Several months ago I built my first site with Trellis + Bedrock + Sage on my Mac.

I am about to work on my second site, but I’m doing so on Ubuntu (Budgie) 16.04.

I thought, before I started a new project, I should clone my previous project down and see if I could get it back up and running with ease. Unfortunately, I’m getting the following error and, while I’ve tried many of the solutions proposed in search engines, I get other errors until I end up back at this one:

VirtualBox is complaining that the installation is incomplete. Please run VBoxManage --version to see the error message which should contain instructions on how to fix this error.

This is a clean install of Ubuntu on a Razer Blade 14 (not that it is likely to matter, but just in case hardware specs somehow play into this somehow).

Can anyone give me some direction? I’m completely stumped.

Here is a gist with all of the commands I’ve run since I created the Ubuntu instance an hour ago: https://gist.github.com/s3w47m88/de03cb6b1ed2fcb88d7c1afa9605ee5c

I resolved the issue by restarting the computer, booting into the bios menu (or whatever it’s called) and disabling Safe Boot Mode.

2 Likes