Website and Server Upgrades

I am looking for some to help me upgrade a website. The website is a WordPress website currently running on WordPress 5.9.3, PHP 7.4 and Ubuntu 18. The site is also currently using SVN for version control.

What will you do?

• Converting svn repository into a git based repository (hosted on github) using roots bedrock (Bedrock | Modern WordPress Boilerplate | Roots) to manage the site dependencies via composer
  • Upgrading WordPress (version 6.2) and all Plugins to their latest versions (this can be done while migrating the repo to git and composer).
  • Assisting with the setup of two Digital Ocean droplets (Ubuntu 22.10), one with PHP 8.2 installed and one with MySQL (8.0.32)
  • Assisting with migration of database and assets (uploads) to the new site
  • Testing that the site still works exactly as it does currently
  • Fixing any issues that arise from the testing process (this will require PHP, HTML, JS and CSS experience).

I am looking for someone who has experience with the following:

• Git (no svn experience required).
  • Composer
  • WordPress
  • DigitalOcean
  • SSH
  • Ubuntu
  • PHP
  • MySQL
  • JS
  • HTML
  • CSS

This is a one off job but if you prove to be capable and efficient then there is a possibility this could lead to other web development work.

This is a contract based position so you will need to send invoices. You can expect 2-3 hours of work per week but would be able to do more if you can accomplish the tasks required without any of my assistance.

2 Likes

@LABCAT please provide an email address where folks can reach you at — we don’t allow replies on jobs topics outside of the hiring ones we post monthly

@ben sorry about that. I wasn’t sure emails would be allowed.

Anyway, for anyone who is interested in this please contact me on mysite.digital@gmail.com

1 Like