What's new?

5 Likes
3 Likes

Pub Quiz: List all the ports your SMTP provider supports, and what are the differences

3 Likes

Can I also use this for storing the mail settings in trellis vault for each individual site?
Currently I am using the WP SMTP plugin on each site.

Can I also use this for storing the mail settings in trellis vault for each individual site?

Yes.

The idea is:

wordpress_sites:
  sendgrid.example.com:
    site_hosts:
      - canonical: sendgrid.example.com
    env:
      wp_phpmailer_driver: 'sendgrid'
      sendgrid_api_key: 'example-only-you-should-encrypt-this-in-vault-yml'

mailgun.example.com:
    site_hosts:
      - canonical: mailgun.example.com
    env:
      wp_phpmailer_driver: 'mailgun' # which awaiting your pull requests
      mailgun_username: 'example-only-you-should-encrypt-this-in-vault-yml'
      mailgun_password: 'example-only-you-should-encrypt-this-in-vault-yml'

Alternative: WP SMTP by @Log1x

2 Likes

Awesome! Can I also put this into vault.yml (as these are auth info)?

Yes, you can and you should

Another feature from WP SMTP I really like is that it shows the last failed send attempt in backend.
Can wp-phpmailer do this, too?

WPGraphQL for ACF went from 49,- USD to free just recently – looking forward to running with that and building a JS-frontend…!

1 Like
1 Like

Saw this today: A configuration language spec and implementation for PHP

This is rather neat: Flying Pages – will prefetch pages automatically based on viewport and browser’s idle state.

Alternatively BarbaJS also has a prefetch component and promises very smooth transitions.

7 Likes

Check out my OpenLiteSpeed Docker image, also comes with Bedrock tag.

Is there a particular reason for using OpenLiteSpeed instead nginx?

I like the features OLS gives over nginx/php-fpm, plus the OLS dashboard is nice!

For those who haunted by mystery wp cli bugs:

2 Likes

An open-source React framework for WordPress: https://frontity.org – Automattic just invested 1M… Any thoughts? Anybody tried it yet?

1 Like

Frontity looks an interest prospect, given it’s purely concentrating on WordPress & React. Worth keeping an eye on. Especially since Automattic are vested in its progress.

1 Like

The first trellis-cli plugin has been released :tada:

Ain’t nobody got time for opening up Trellis files to check SFTP details. This CLI tool allows you to open SFTP connections to Trellis servers via Cyberduck with single command.

However, at the time of writting, trellis-cli plugin support hasn't be released yet.

3 Likes