Where is the src/ folder of sage9?

i think the book refers to the old scr/ folder that now is called app/ ? i’m a little confused.
if you want to add a new custom type for example the place to live will be for example /app/cpt/ ?
where do i point sage to read that custom post types?

Hey @francisco_arenas - yes, that’s correct, the src folder is now app.

Arguably the best way to add a CPT would be to create a small plugin for it, so that the CPT isn’t coupled to the theme.

But to add a new PHP file to the theme (whether it’s registering a CPT or doing anything else you might need) and let Sage know to load that file, just add the file (e.g., mynewfile.php) to the app folder, and then edit functions.php:

* Sage required files
 * The mapped array determines the code library included in your theme.
 * Add or remove files to the array as needed. Supports child theme overrides.
 */
array_map(function ($file) use ($sage_error) {
    $file = "../app/{$file}.php";
    if (!locate_template($file, true, true)) {
        $sage_error(sprintf(__('Error locating <code>%s</code> for inclusion.', 'sage'), $file), 'File not found');
    }
}, ['helpers', 'setup', 'filters', 'admin', 'mynewfile', ]);

The last line I included there defines an array of the files that Sage loads from the app folder (besides the controllers), with a new item for mynewfile.

3 Likes

The book seems to refer to a wrong folder path here (in current Sage version the folder is called app).

Though I’d like to see the folder name changed in future Sage versions. Why? Bedrock also has a folder called app, so the full path is: /web/app/themes/sage/app. This sometimes causes a little confusion and disorientation for our developers when working in the IDE.

1 Like

thanks for this, that was exactly what i was looking for

1 Like