White screen website with Docker + Acorn as a plugin

Hello there,

I’m trying to set up a simple Wordpress site with Docker locally, using a classic WordPress installation (no Bedrock) and Acorn as a plugin. Unfortunately, Sage 10 is giving me a white screen, as if nothing was rendered. I got no error, just nothing.

I am using docker-compose. The WordPress image is 6.0.1-php8.1-apache. The mariadb image is 10.6.4-focal, as seen in the default WordPress tutorial on the Docker website. The Acorn plugin is active. The php version is 8.1.

Please let me know if a simple docker + Sage combo is possible. If not, I’ll have to use something else than Sage for the projects I am taking care of.

Thanks for your help.

Howdy!

It’s absolutely possible. Check your error log and report back what the error is.

Hi! Thanks for your quick reply.

I enabled WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG but no errors or logs seem to come up.

However, I do have one error popping up in the Health Status page. I don’t know if this is related:

Error: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to localhost port 8001: Connection refused (http_request_failed)

The default WordPress themes are working. If you want to reproduce my whole Docker environment, you can do so here: GitHub - johnboylesingfield/sage-wordpress-docker

The steps I do are detailed in the README file.

If I can do more to explain the situation, please let me know. Thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks for the repo!

Can you try with Acorn v2? Acorn v3 requires changes beyond what’s in Sage 10 right now