Windows 11 Trellis Help - solved

Hello!

TLDR updated 9/7/2022

• This is only meant for MacOS and is a known windows bug through.

And if you are looking for a Windows specific Trellis/Bedrock on Windows directions to start with:

TLDR:

• Would love to enlist some support and can pay for help as well, just want to make sure everything is set up correctly

Long time roots user but first time Trellis experience. I’ve been using roots for while now and even grabbed that shirt that was out for a bit years ago.

Almost all the local work I’ve done has been entirely through VVV and I’m tired of the lack of parity between my local /stg/production.

After some blood sweat and tears I have trellis running on Windows 11 and I’m using the trellis cli though WSL (version 2).

I recently attempted to set up a self-signed cert and ending up with the following message:

vagrant trellis-cert trust
Importing certificates...
This command was not invoked properly. The help for this command is
available below.

Connection refused - connect(2) for "rootsb.test" port 443

Backtrace:
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/certificate.rb:29:in `initialize'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/certificate.rb:29:in `new'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/certificate.rb:29:in `fetch'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/certificate.rb:15:in `download'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/command/trust.rb:58:in `block (2 levels) in trust'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/command/trust.rb:56:in `map'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/command/trust.rb:56:in `block in trust'
/opt/vagrant/embedded/lib/ruby/2.7.0/tmpdir.rb:89:in `mktmpdir'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/command/trust.rb:55:in `trust'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/command/trust.rb:20:in `execute'
/home/usr/.vagrant.d/gems/2.7.4/gems/vagrant-trellis-cert-0.5.2/lib/vagrant_plugins/trellis_cert/command/root.rb:37:in `execute'
/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.19/gems/vagrant-2.2.19/lib/vagrant/cli.rb:67:in `execute'
/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.19/gems/vagrant-2.2.19/lib/vagrant/environment.rb:290:in `cli'
/opt/vagrant/embedded/gems/2.2.19/gems/vagrant-2.2.19/bin/vagrant:231:in `<main>'

I’ve followed these guides:

I also noticed there used to be a dedicated Windows page that currently redirects and/or is currently a 404 on the roots docs pages. (I’ve seen this linked in the forum posts as almost a source of truth that people have seemed to use with success it looks like. It was a sub page on the site instead of being on a current docs subdomain).