Woocomerce and php7.0-soap and php7.0-mbstring

Hey there. I’m trying to figure out what Trellis is supposed to support from the get go as far as php extensions? Woocommerce uses the SoapClient, and under System Status without php7.0-soap and php7.0-mbstring installed, you get the following messages:

SoapClient: ✕ Your server does not have the SoapClient class enabled - some gateway plugins which use SOAP may not work as expected.

Multibyte String: ✕ Your server does not support the mbstring functions - this is required for better character encoding. Some fallbacks will be used instead for it.

Do we as a community make these packages installed by default, or do we let the users tackle them one by one per usage requirement?

1 Like

Any extension that a stock WordPress site needs should be included. Any obviously any tools that we use too (like WP-CLI). For a package like php7.0-soap I’d say it should be up to the user. We don’t want to install every extension just in case.

Okay, cool. I feel there’s enough threads out there that people will be able to figure out how to install their own at this point.