WordPress Developer (Melbourne, Australia)

Bolster Digital is Australia’s premier digital advertising agency for music and entertainment.

We develop and execute digital strategies and create beautiful, impressive work for our clients who currently include music festivals, labels, tour promoters, cinemas and event companies including the likes of TAC, Moshtix, AMEX Openair Cinemas, Laneway Festival, Splendour In The Grass, Mushroom Group, BIGSOUND, Future Classic.

We are looking for a talented young developer who is interested in being part of a fun and fast-growing agency to develop beautiful websites and applications.

We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running, delivering high quality websites according to their estimates.

Our dream candidate will possess most (if not all) of the following qualities :

• An interest in music and it’s industry.
  • A keen eye for responsive design, and the ability to develop accurate representations of a design.
  • Crystal clear communication skills.
  • A thorough understanding of WordPress theme and plugin development.
  • Writes easy to read, performant code.

Technical Must Haves :

• Custom WordPress Theme & Plugin Development (this means from scratch)
  • Advanced Custom Fields
  • SCSS
  • Cross Browser Compatibility Testing
  • Skilled in Javascript/jQuery
  • Git

Technical Bonus Points :

• Roots IO stack (Trellis, Bedrock, Sage) :slight_smile:
  • ACF Fewbricks + other OOP Implementations of WP functions.
  • Vagrant/Docker
  • React
  • Webpack
  • Modern Javascript front end skills (ES6/NPM/Yarn)
1 Like

Just an opinion, but it seems to me that your must haves for a dream candidate would be placed much more in a mid level position, I don’t personally think a junior dev is going to have all that experience. But hope you find someone :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you Kalen - it’s a tricky position to advertise for.

Within the agency we are working on much more bespoke products, and somebody joining the team to work on Wordpress projects would be amongst the juniors at this stage.

The skills listed, although not basic, are our bare minimum requirements for new hires.

OT but: wow! I am flattered that my project ACF Fewbricks is listed under Technical Bonus Points :slight_smile:

Good luck with the recruitment!

2 Likes

Your ad also doesn’t mention whether you will consider remote candidates or a salary range.