WordPress Multisite setup

I have a multisite install that is working correctly locally. I was pushing this out to staging and now I am running into a roadblock. I provisioned the server and deployed the files. After deployment I get this.

non-zero return code
fatal: [summitgeeks.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "cmd": ["wp", "core", "is-installed", "--skip-plugins", "--skip-themes", "--require=/srv/www/summitgeeks.test/shared/tmp_multisite_constants.php"], "delta": "0:00:00.272327", "end": "2022-03-09 21:27:32.879235", "failed_when_result": true, "rc": 255, "start": "2022-03-09 21:27:32.606908", "stderr": "", "stderr_lines": [], "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": []}

I ssh into the remote server to run the install as instructed. But when I try to get here /srv/www//current/ there is no current directory. I see logs, releases, and shared. If I go into releases I can see the one I just did. But if I run the install there it doesnt seem to work. Is there something that I am missing. Let me know if you need additional info and as always thank you for the help.

Update: I just setup a fresh install and configured multisite locally.

1.) trellis provision staging - this was successful
2.) trellis deploy staging - error output below

When I ssh into the server there is no current directory.

I went into releases to run
wp core multisite-install

Is anyone else running into this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @mwalcott
there is 2 issues in your code as per details

1. you must have to check your SMTP credit, port are running fine
  2. can you check your Wp have setup have multiple site config
define( 'WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true );

I am checking that now. But do you have any idea why the current directory is not being created?

For 2 are you referring to this? If so yes this is setup. Multisite works fine locally

Hello @mwalcott
yes bcoz of SMTP, that block to everything. need to provider correct crews.

Yes that fine. there is no issues wp config.

So in the past you didnt need to update mail setting to get the staging server running. Anyway I updated that and still run into the same issue.

I was successful after following this comment/tutorial:

Basically you have to install without multisite, then enable multisite in second step and in third step you add more configuration.

I basically created 3 branches, for each step one, so I don’t always have to modify variables for staging and production.

1 Like