I have a fresh install of Sage 10 per the Docs. I’m trying to wrap my head around the workflow.
When I run yarn dev, I get no errors and although it takes a couple of minutes to compile, it reports “watching project sources (and 25 other files)”. Am I correct that browser-sync should be running at this point? When I make changes to any of the template files in resources, my browser is not refreshed.
When yarn dev is (supposedly) running, if I change a CSS class, in page.blade.php, for example, to some standard tailwind.css class that wasn’t present during compile, the displayed styling will return to default (black text or white background), even if that class exists in the app.xxxxx.css file in public/css. When I stop and then re-start yarn dev, the new classes are updated.
I’m coming from a standard Sass/Gulp environment, so I might just be missing something obvious in how Tailwind works.
Upon further investigation, if I stop watching the dev url, make changes and just refresh the proxy url manually, then I do not see the runtime.js error but of course, it gets old having to refresh all the time manually.
So two days ago I ended up changing the port from :3000 to :3333, running yarn dev and I was off to the races. Everything appeared to be working well
Once in a while, it would run into the runtime error, close out my dev connection, restart and be good for a while again.
This morning, I was working on getting some tools setup (ACF Pro, ACF Composer) and begin to build out some blocks, when suddenly I am getting the runtime error on every save again. Injecting / reloading was not working, so I did it manually.
Once I changed the port again, from :3333 to :4444, all is well now, once again, for now anyways…
Not sure how to describe this any better… but if I am able to change the port around and continue working for a few days at a time before I need to change it again, that’s fine. Better than before.
Nevermind, spoke too soon. It’s throwing the runtime.js error after every save. I’ve changed the port a few different times now and its not helping.
Seems to have went back to bad after installing the the tools mentioned on my last post.