`yarn start` fails

hello,

this is my very first attempt to work with sage.
I have spent almost last 6 hours trying to have a running instance on localhost but without success.

I have nginx php and mysql instances running properly. but inside the sage theme, when I run yarn start, please find report below.

I am DO sorry for this long report, but I really cannot do more to start deployment on localhost :frowning:

I am totally available to have a total fresh reinstall of everything, but please help me out starting working on this.

ty vm!

node:31121) DeprecationWarning: Tapable.plugin is deprecated. Use new API on `.hooks` instead
[webpack-cli] Compilation finished

ERROR  Failed to compile with 5 errors                                                                                                                                                                                                             20:14:14

This dependency was not found:

* /Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/resources/assets/build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js in multi ./resources/assets/build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss, multi ./resources/assets/build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/customizer.js

To install it, you can run: npm install --save /Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/resources/assets/build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js

These relative modules were not found:

* ./scripts/main.js in multi ./resources/assets/build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss
* ./scripts/customizer.js in multi ./resources/assets/build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/customizer.js
* ./styles/main.scss in multi ./resources/assets/build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss
ConcurrentCompilationError: You ran Webpack twice. Each instance only supports a single concurrent compilation at a time.
    at Compiler.watch (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/webpack/lib/Compiler.js:237:36)
    at Object.startWatch (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/browsersync-webpack-plugin/node_modules/webpack-dev-middleware/lib/Shared.js:176:29)
    at Shared (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/browsersync-webpack-plugin/node_modules/webpack-dev-middleware/lib/Shared.js:238:8)
    at module.exports (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/browsersync-webpack-plugin/node_modules/webpack-dev-middleware/middleware.js:22:15)
    at BrowserSyncWebpackPlugin.setupWebpackDevMiddleware (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/browsersync-webpack-plugin/index.js:162:34)
    at BrowserSyncWebpackPlugin.setup (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/browsersync-webpack-plugin/index.js:151:12)
    at BrowserSyncWebpackPlugin.start (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/browsersync-webpack-plugin/index.js:130:11)
    at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:422:26)
    at BrowserSyncWebpackPlugin.emit (events.js:315:20)
    at AsyncSeriesHook.eval (eval at create (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/tapable/lib/HookCodeFactory.js:33:10), <anonymous>:25:1)
Hash: 13137b53ab0a6f12e99f
Version: webpack 4.44.2
Time: 251ms
Built at: 2020-11-05 20:14:14
                    Asset      Size      Chunks         Chunk Names
    scripts/customizer.js  31.6 KiB  customizer         customizer
scripts/customizer.js.map  32.1 KiB  customizer  [dev]  customizer
          scripts/main.js  31.8 KiB        main         main
      scripts/main.js.map  32.1 KiB        main  [dev]  main
Entrypoint main = scripts/main.js scripts/main.js.map
Entrypoint customizer = scripts/customizer.js scripts/customizer.js.map
[0] multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss 52 bytes {main} [built]
[1] multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/customizer.js 40 bytes {customizer} [built]

ERROR in multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'import-glob' in '/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/resources/assets'
 @ multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss main[1]

ERROR in multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/customizer.js
Module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'import-glob' in '/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/resources/assets'
 @ multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/customizer.js customizer[1]

ERROR in multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss
 @ multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss main[2]

@ multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/main.js ./styles/main.scss main[0]

ERROR in multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/customizer.js
 @ multi ./build/util/../helpers/hmr-client.js ./scripts/customizer.js customizer[0]

no way to find a clue?
does this means I cannot use sage??

Hi @matteo_maria_ambrogi, welcome to the Roots community.

Can you let us know the following information so we can better help you:

• Sage version
  • Node version (node --version)
  • Operating System

From what I can see I presume you are using Sage 9? If this is the case, I believe you will need to use an older version of Node, perhaps, the version 10 LTS if my memory serves me (could be the version 8 “Carbon” LTS instead). If you don’t have a tool to manage your Node version, I recommend Volta (NVM is another one, but I have found it to be very slow). You might benefit from reading our Getting Started docs, which shows you how to set up your system for using software by Roots, including Sage.

Related PR for updating sage 9 dependencies:

1 Like

I am running node 12+ and latest sage just downloaded via composer under Catalina

Ya, you probably either want to use the Node 8 Carbon LTS like the docs say (my apologies, the docs say 8+ :grimacing:, but I do know there were issues on more recent versions of Node). Or add the patch for the deps that @strarsis linked to.

1 Like

Apparently, the issues with Node 10 were resolved if you want to give that a go. I am not sure about newer versions of Node though.

how can I run this updater?

node version: v10.14.2

don’t know what to do now… :confused:

Does the issue still persist? If so, try the PR I linked above, apply the patch (the modified package.json and package-lock.json) and reinstall using npm install again. Also try to reinstall without a lockfile (can help sometimes).

I barely new to this logic, so I don’t actually know how/what to do :confused:

well I patched the files according to the link you provided (I did it manually :crazy_face:)
and at least some errors I was receiving yesterday while trying to download node-sass have been solved…

I still have either warnings and errors:

npm WARN notsup Unsupported engine for got@5.7.1: wanted: {"node":">=0.10.0 <7"} (current: {"node":"10.14.2","npm":"6.14.8"})

npm WARN notsup Not compatible with your version of node/npm: got@5.7.1

npm WARN webpack-dev-middleware@1.12.2 requires a peer of webpack@^1.0.0 || ^2.0.0 || ^3.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN extract-text-webpack-plugin@4.0.0-beta.0 requires a peer of webpack@^3.0.0 || ^4.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN friendly-errors-webpack-plugin@1.7.0 requires a peer of webpack@^2.0.0 || ^3.0.0 || ^4.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN stylelint-webpack-plugin@0.10.5 requires a peer of webpack@^1.13.2 || ^2.7.0 || ^3.11.0 || ^4.4.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN cache-loader@1.2.5 requires a peer of webpack@^2.0.0 || ^3.0.0 || ^4.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN file-loader@1.1.11 requires a peer of webpack@^2.0.0 || ^3.0.0 || ^4.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN uglifyjs-webpack-plugin@1.3.0 requires a peer of webpack@^2.0.0 || ^3.0.0 || ^4.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN sass-loader@6.0.7 requires a peer of webpack@^2.0.0 || ^3.0.0 || ^4.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

npm WARN webpack-dev-middleware@2.0.6 requires a peer of webpack@^2.2.0 || ^3.0.0 || ^4.0.0-alpha || ^4.0.0-beta || ^4.0.0 but none is installed. You must install peer dependencies yourself.

and compile error:

yarn run v1.22.10
$ webpack --watch --config resources/assets/build/webpack.config.js
[webpack-cli] TypeError: webpack.optimize.OccurrenceOrderPlugin is not a constructor
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/resources/assets/build/webpack.config.watch.js:26:5)
    at Module._compile (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/v8-compile-cache/v8-compile-cache.js:192:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:700:10)
    at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:599:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:538:12)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:530:3)
    at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:637:17)
    at require (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/v8-compile-cache/v8-compile-cache.js:159:20)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/resources/assets/build/webpack.config.js:214:40)
    at Module._compile (/Users/matteo/Sites/atravisio.localhost.dev/web/app/themes/av/node_modules/v8-compile-cache/v8-compile-cache.js:192:30)
error Command failed with exit code 2.

Try this command to install the patched sage 9 including all modifications:

composer create-project roots/sage --stability=dev strarsis/sage:update-9-deps

Besides the package.json and package-lock.json, also the resources/assets/build/webpack.config.js hat to be adjusted.

I hope it works now :slight_smile:

quite embarrassing…

after a tons of messing, downloading…

I DIDN’T RUN YARN at the very beginning of the process… so it could find anything…
now yarn and the yarn start are watching correctly the file.

despite of this I still have some issue as even yarn start is correctly running, something is not redenred correctly…

this is yarn build error…
Module build failed: ModuleBuildError: Module build failed: Error: Node Sass does not yet support your current environment: OS X 64-bit with Unsupported runtime (72)

late update, upon deleting and reinstalling node-sass it seems compiling correctly

but, no way to have blade template rendered correctly :frowning:

node-sass is always the culprit. :joy:

There is Dart Sass now, which should not need bindings, so maybe Sage should switch to it instead.

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.