You need to install Acorn to use this theme message prevents dashboard access

In my Local by Flywheel dev environment on a clean install of Wordpress, if I activate Sage 10 on a Wordpress install, and Acorn isn’t activated the site will only show the message: “You need to install Acorn to use this theme message blocks wp-admin access” and will not let me access the dashboard to enable the plugin. I discovered this issue while trying to upgrade from Sage 9 because when Acorn is activated it makes the site throw the error: “There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

Looking at the debug log shows the error:

PHP Fatal error:  Declaration of Illuminate\Foundation\Application::register($provider, $force = false) must be compatible with Illuminate\Contracts\Foundation\Application::register($provider, $options = Array, $force = false) in /Local Sites/example/app/public/wp-content/plugins/acorn/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php on line 669

I found two work arounds for this:

1. Rename the Sage 10 theme to whatever the Sage 9 theme is called.
  2. Delete Acorn and temporarily activate a different theme. Activate Acorn and install and activate the Sage 10 theme.

I’m wondering if it would be a good idea or even possible to make some of these errors less aggressive so that someone could have access to the wp-admin to correct the issues without having to delete themes/plugins.

I’m happy to open an issue in github, but I wanted to mention the workarounds above in case someone else runs into the same issue.

hi , how can I deactive acorn according to your soloution ? I have been reciving the same error and Im really stuck here

change plugin Acorn name