Beginner trying to figure it all out

Hey, all -

I’m running Zorin OS (Ubuntu-based), and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to setup Trellis locally. The guide doesn’t actually tell you how to install the thing.

I’ve been able to clone and setup Bedrock from Github, but I’d like to have a local development environment.

Forgive the complete ignorance. I’m just starting my journey into devops and looking for a sustainable, scalable workflow.

Trellis is a collection of ansible playbooks. The docs have some information on getting the up and running in Ubuntu, which should apply to your situation: Getting Started: Ubuntu Linux | Roots Documentation “Installing” Trellis is just getting the Trellis repo and incorporating it into your project, and installing the things in depends on (i.e. virtualbox, ansible, etc). Once you’ve done that, it provisions your local env when running vagrant commands.

1 Like

trellis-cli wraps a lot of Trellis functionality and makes it easier to set up/manage projects, so you might check that out too.

1 Like

I am currently using Lando to spin up my dev environments for Bedrock/Sage project.

here is my .lando.yml file

name: example
env_file:
  - .env
recipe: wordpress
proxy:
  appserver_nginx:  # Optional: if you exclude this, Lando will serve it as bedrock.lndo.site
    - example.test
  mailhog:
    - mail.example.test
  theme:  # Optional: add this if you include the Sage specific config down below
    - localhost:3000
    - localhost:3001
config:
  php: '8.0'
  composer_version: 2-latest
  via: nginx
  webroot: web
  database: mariadb
  xdebug: true

# Add the following if you plan to use Sage as a starter theme
services:
  mailhog:
    type: mailhog
    portforward: true
    hogfrom:
      - appserver_nginx
  appserver_nginx:
    scanner: false
  theme:
    type: node:16
    overrides:
      ports:
        - 3000:3000
        - 3001:3001
tooling:
  yarn:
    service: theme

Some references

Outdated but you should still read

Good Read
https://discourse.roots.io/t/dockerize-local-bedrock-sage-development-with-lando/14288/46

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.