Error when deploying: "PlaybookCLI' object has no attribute 'options'"

Hey all,

I’m new to Trellis and I’m trying to employ to Kinsta for the first time using Trellis.

I’ve followed all the steps in this post: https://kinsta.com/blog/bedrock-trellis/ but when I try to run ansible-playbook deploy.yml -e env=staging -e site=example.com --limit=kinsta_staging from my local environment I get the following error: “ERROR! Unexpected Exception, this is probably a bug: ‘PlaybookCLI’ object has no attribute ‘options’

The traceback I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ansible-playbook", line 110, in <module>
    exit_code = cli.run()
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/ansible/2.8.0/libexec/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ansible/cli/playbook.py", line 123, in run
    results = pbex.run()
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/ansible/2.8.0/libexec/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ansible/executor/playbook_executor.py", line 100, in run
    self._tqm.load_callbacks()
  File "/usr/local/Cellar/ansible/2.8.0/libexec/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ansible/executor/task_queue_manager.py", line 162, in load_callbacks
    callback_obj = callback_plugin()
  File "/Users/marceldillen/Projects/Web/aal/trellis/lib/trellis/plugins/callback/vars.py", line 25, in __init__
    self._options = cli.options if cli else None
AttributeError: 'PlaybookCLI' object has no attribute 'options'
2 Likes
4 Likes

The downgrade isn’t effective, and actually compromises other projects that lean on Ansible. I’ve received the same error with a clean install of Python 3.7, Ansible 2.7, etc…

What’s another workaround?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.