Kinetic is looking for an experienced PHP developer to join our fast-paced team. Whether full-time or contractor, our dream draft pick would be passionate about working on a variety of custom responsive websites, from initial concepting to site launch. Throw in a fun attitude, experience with the requirements below, along with an excellent eye for UX, and a healthy love of trains and we’ll do great work together.
- Strong experience with PHP
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming and relational databases (e.g. MySQL, MariaDB)
- Deep knowledge of WordPress theme development
- Experience with CSS frameworks (e.g., Tailwind, Bootstrap)
- Strong experience with coding out sites from design concepts
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with web hosting environments (e.g. CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Nginx)
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility, project estimation and good communication skills
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with WordPress plugin development
- An eye for design
- A love for spicy chicken – we’re partial to our local fave, Eugene’s Hot Chicken
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Located on the cobblestones of historic Morris Avenue in the re-energized, vibrant downtown of Birmingham, Alabama, Kinetic makes business better and faster with the web. We provide energizing and efficient websites for businesses down the street, throughout the Southeast, and around the world. Founded in 1995, Kinetic is consistently ranked as one of Birmingham’s largest web design firms. Company Principal, Jay Brandrup, stays active with community technology issues and serves on multiple Boards of Directors. Here’s ten more things you should know about Kinetic.
Interested in contract work?
Send your resume and a note to Jay Brandrup.
Interested in becoming full-time?