Mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported. How to change mount options?

==> default: Mounting NFS shared folders...
The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!

mount -o vers=3,udp 192.168.50.1:/uncrypted/websites/nextgenthemes.com /vagrant-nfs-nextgenthemes.com

Stdout from the command:

Stderr from the command:

mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported

I know this is mainly a vagrant issue but there is an issue that suggests I may be able to fix this directly from the vagranfile.

My issue is I do not speak ruby and vagrant config. I tried a few things but they all failed. What part of the config do I need to change?

I do not understand the folder.fetch thing or what part of the config I need to change. I like to try to switch of protocol 4 over TCP so it mounts like this mount -o vers=4,tcp. Or would there be an issue using protocol 4 with Trellis? I have no idea about NFS. I just hold packages back for ages now to prevent this and I just updated again.

Not sure about changing Trellis config if this works out probably best keeping it that way for other older systems.

I figured it out: I edited both lines that end with type: ‘nfs’ to

type: 'nfs', mount_options: ["vers=4,tcp"]
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.