Radicle v1.1.0 released

Radicle v1.1.0 has been released

If you have already purchased a license for Radicle, you can download the latest version from the Roots Dashboard or from the GitHub repo

:bug: Bug fixes

• Safe SVG is now included from wpackagist to avoid an issue where the plugin assets aren’t built
  • CPTs provider: Fix for adding taxonomy to multiple CPTs (props @weirdlooop)

:sparkles: Improvements

Service providers

Service providers saw several updates thanks to @Log1x:

• Added types, improved docblocks
  • Improved theme support registration syntax
  • Changed widget registration to a short-handed function
  • Moved post type and taxonomy registration into a collection

:arrow_up: Dependency updates

Bud v6.12.0 and Tailwind v3.3

Bud has been updated to v6.12.0 which also included a few related changes:

• Removed storage directory specific configuration
  • Re-generated the theme.json file with the new Tailwind 950 colors
  • Tailwind config has been switched to TypeScript which improves the DX with typechecking and autosuggestions (props @kellymears)

WordPress 6.2 and PHP 8.1

WordPress has been bumped to 6.2, which also allowed us to update to PHP 8.1 by default for both the Lando config and Trellis due to the better support for PHP 8.x out of the box upstream

3 Likes

Nice! Is there a recommended way of upgrading? Trying to figure out what the best workflow is.

Since Radicle is a boilerplate and not a framework, it’s up to you if you’d like to pull in the changes to your project

From https://roots.io/radicle/docs/installation/#installing-radicle:

Are you building new sites often? Create your own private repo with the Radicle codebase and modify it to fit your needs. Radicle should be treated as a boilerplate/starting point, and not a framework.

In the future there will be a Radicle-specific Composer package once certain functionality is created (we have plans to have better support for Acorn routes to have compatibility with SEO plugins) — but changes made to the boilerplate itself will require you to cherry pick the changes into your project(s)

Personally, I only bring in specific changes on my existing projects if they make sense

1 Like

Gotcha. I found that comparing the releases on Github was helpful in cherry picking the changes.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Radicle questions