Running Trellis on Runcloud 2

The existing question below has been closed, so I have an additional question

A lot of work has already been done in runcloud, so it is impossible to move to another php hosting management system.

runcloud (or similar php hosting management system) is interlocking with several important daemons such as ssh nginx.

=> How do I deal with routing since both RunCloud and Trellis manage it?

Any ideas on how to go about settings this up? Can I just set up a RunCloud-manged VPS, ssh into it and configure Trellis?

I know that kinsta is sponsoring the roots, so I’m sorry about the interlocking method of the competitor’s solution,
Still, there will definitely be a lot of people-in-demand answers to these questions.

In order to link solutions other than kinsta, it would be nice to provide a solution for a fee such as technical support fee-“pro version sales, etc.”

You can follow the Trellis guide for Kinsta to deploy to RunCloud. It’s very similar. You would not use Trellis for provisioning.

Just make sure to use RunCloud’s web application path webapp/appname in trellis/group_vars/production/main.yml as well as change your public path for your web application to /current/web in RunCloud.

Obviously ignore all the Kinsta-specific things in that guide such as their plugin, cache clearing, etc.

Once you get a successful deploy (I suggest trying it on a staging site first) - you can go ahead and install RunCloud Hub. I suggest putting RunCloud Hub on a SatisPress so it can be handled through Composer for your deploys.

Let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!
I’ll give it a try and share the results here.

1 Like