Roots Discourse

Trellis Dev Server - vagrant up stuck - libssl1.1:amd64/ Python error

Hi,
our project was running correctly and well so far. I am suddenly experiencing weird issues since I shut down my computer.
I tried to delete the current machine and start it again. Since vagrant reported some Guest Addition Mismatches between Guest (5.2.22) and Host (6.0.8) machines - I tried reverting to VBox 5.2.22. Which didnt solve the problem. I have tried updating with vagrant vbguest plugin, but it wont update to the current versions and reports and an not defined error.
Vagrant up gets stuck on:

• The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!
    apt-get install -y -qq build-essential curl git libssl-dev libffi-dev python-dev
    Stdout from the command:
  • dpkg: error processing package libssl1.1:amd64 (–configure)
  • dependency problems prevent configuration of libpython2.7-stdlib:amd64:
  • error processing package python2.7
  • dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin: No such file or directory

Do you have any idea what I could try to solve this issue? We are in the ends of our project and need to deliver soon therefore help as always very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Also: i am having a lot of those type of errors at the very beginning after running vagrant up:
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gcc-8/libcc1-0_8.2.0-1ubuntu2~18.04_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.24 80]

Have you tried destroying it and turning it on again?

# /trellis directory
vagrant destroy
rm -rf .vagrant
vagrant up

Yeah Multiple times. Also copies the roots trellis project from github again, changed all thats necessary. I am not able to make any vagrant up run successfully. Also deinstalled & reinstalled Virtual Box and deinstalled and reinstalled Vagrant multiple times. Still cant run trellis.

Ran into the same issue. Seems to be a known issue. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssl/+bug/1832919

What I did is follow the steps in comment #10.

Get into the box with vagrant ssh and then run:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure libc6
sudo dpkg --configure libssl1.1
sudo dpkg-reconfigure libssl1.1

Then run vagrant provision again and it will finish the process.

2 Likes

rumpled,
thank you so much for this - you really saved us over here.
Ran all the commands and the project is up again!
So great! Thanx again.