Trellis Dev Server - vagrant up stuck - libssl1.1:amd64/ Python error

Hi,
our project was running correctly and well so far. I am suddenly experiencing weird issues since I shut down my computer.
I tried to delete the current machine and start it again. Since vagrant reported some Guest Addition Mismatches between Guest (5.2.22) and Host (6.0.8) machines - I tried reverting to VBox 5.2.22. Which didnt solve the problem. I have tried updating with vagrant vbguest plugin, but it wont update to the current versions and reports and an not defined error.
Vagrant up gets stuck on:

• The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!
    apt-get install -y -qq build-essential curl git libssl-dev libffi-dev python-dev
    Stdout from the command:
  • dpkg: error processing package libssl1.1:amd64 (–configure)
  • dependency problems prevent configuration of libpython2.7-stdlib:amd64:
  • error processing package python2.7
  • dpkg-preconfigure: unable to re-open stdin: No such file or directory

Do you have any idea what I could try to solve this issue? We are in the ends of our project and need to deliver soon therefore help as always very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Also: i am having a lot of those type of errors at the very beginning after running vagrant up:
E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/gcc-8/libcc1-0_8.2.0-1ubuntu2~18.04_amd64.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.88.24 80]

Have you tried destroying it and turning it on again?

# /trellis directory
vagrant destroy
rm -rf .vagrant
vagrant up

Yeah Multiple times. Also copies the roots trellis project from github again, changed all thats necessary. I am not able to make any vagrant up run successfully. Also deinstalled & reinstalled Virtual Box and deinstalled and reinstalled Vagrant multiple times. Still cant run trellis.

Ran into the same issue. Seems to be a known issue. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssl/+bug/1832919

What I did is follow the steps in comment #10.

Get into the box with vagrant ssh and then run:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure libc6
sudo dpkg --configure libssl1.1
sudo dpkg-reconfigure libssl1.1

Then run vagrant provision again and it will finish the process.

2 Likes

rumpled,
thank you so much for this - you really saved us over here.
Ran all the commands and the project is up again!
So great! Thanx again.

This topic was automatically closed after 42 days. New replies are no longer allowed.