Roots Discourse

Vagrant Up Fails after Mojave - (nfsd service does not appear to be running)

Luckily I decided to wait until updating to Mojave until some big projects had fully wrapped up.

As soon as I updated, I get this error:

The following SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status.
Vagrant assumes that this means the command failed!

mount -o vers=3,udp 192.168.50.1:/Users/masoninthesis/Sites/jackalope-io/site /vagrant-nfs-jackalope.io

Stdout from the command:

Stderr from the command:

mount.nfs: requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported

After sorting through plenty of solutions that didn’t work out, turns out it was super easy to fix.

The Solution:

Read this comment, and a couple of the replies above it for context.

Basically it’s an iTerm2 accessibility issue. Go to System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Full Disk Access, and add iTerm2 to the list. If you use Terminal, it should prompt you to do this upon vagranting up.

Had this yesterday. Can confirm fix.

…but, anyone having seemingly related issues to this with WP Migrate DB Pro? I’m trying to pull at the moment and while the database goes fine, the Media Files pull finishes 0/0 items.

Or using WP CLI shows an error for every file…

Warning: rename(/tmp/wineart-100x100-5vNo1Q.tmp,/srv/www/pipercollective.com.au/current/web/app/uploads/2018/10/wineart-100x100.png): Operation not permitted in /srv/www/pipercollective.com.au/current/web/app/plugins/wp-migrate-db-pro/class/wpmdb-filesystem.php on line 599

I’ll give this a try sometime today and let you know.

I just tried a pull and it worked fine. It was a “compare, then download”, and the media on the DBs were identitcal, so I uploaded a new photo and tried it again.

It worked again. So I’m not having this issue. Let me know if you find out they’re related or anything.

Okay thanks I’ll see if it’s something else with my setup.

I can confirm this solution works as of 2018-12-26